Mortgage appointment checklist
Be prepared for your mortgage appointment by making sure you have the correct documents your mortgage adviser will need to review your financial situation and identity. This will ensue the process is as productive as possible.
1. Identification documents
- A form of ID such as a passport or driving licence.
2. Proof of your income
- Your employers details for the last 3 years - name, address, telephone number and dates you were employed.
- 3 weeks or 3 months worth of payslips
- Latest P60, this is usually issued by your employed in April/May.
- If self employed the last 2 years copies of SA302s/audited accounts.
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Your latest annual mortgage statement.
- Details of existing outgoings including details of other loan commitments.
3. Proof of address
- Your full address history for the past 3 years.
- Proof of residency within the last 3 months such as utility bill or bank statement.
4. Supporting documents
- Proof of deposit.
- Details of all existing personal and mortgage related insurance.
- Employment benefits (e.g sick pay, pensions, car allowance).
- New property details (only if not buying a property through us)
Please make sure all the documents you bring with you for your appointment are originals.
YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE. Embrace Financial Services usually charges a fee for mortgage advice. The amount of the fee will depend upon your circumstances and will be discussed and agreed with you at the earliest opportunity.